EunMi Choi (최은미)
- Associate Professor
- Experimental beam and plasma physics
Current Research Interests
- THz Vacuum Electronics & Electrodynamics Lab
- Office : 108) 401-5
- Phone : +82-52-217-2120
- Lab : 108) 405
- Lab Phone : +82-52-217-2179
We are interested in topics related to the waves and beams. From the fundamental questions to the ultimate applications regarding electrodynamics, we are investigating how electromagnetic waves interact with charged particle beams. Here are some lists of current research interests:
- Air plasma and gas discharge via microwaves
- Remote detection of radioactive material
- Micro-vacuum electron devices
- High power millimeter/THz wave sources
- THz based material characterization
- B.S. in Physics (2000), Ewha Womans University, Korea
- M.S. in Physics (2002), POSTECH, Korea
- Ph.D. in Physics (2007), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
- Post Doc (2008), Brookhaven National Laboratory, USA
- Tool Physicist (2009), Schlumberger, USA
- Assistant Professor in ECE & Physics Dept., UNIST (2010 – 2013)
- Associate Professor in Physics Dept., UNIST (2014 – )
- D. S. Kim, D. H. Yu, A. Sawant, M. S. Choe, I. G. Lee, S. G. Kim, and E. M. Choi, “Remote detection of radioactive material using high-power pulsed electromagnetic radiation,” Nature Communications 8, 15394 (2017).
- A. Sawant, M. S. Choe, M. Thumm, and E. M. Choi, “Orbital angular momentum (OAM) of rotating modes driven by electrons in electron cyclotron masers,” Scientific Reports 7, 3372 (2017).
- D. S. Kim, S. G. Kim, A. Sawant, D. Yu, M. S. Choe, and E. M. Choi, “Study on statistical breakdown delay time in argon gas using a W-band millimeter-wave gyrotron,” Physics of Plasmas 23, 043505 (2016).
- S. G. Kim, A. Sawant, I. Lee, D. S. Kim, M. S. Choe, J. H. Won, J. H. Kim, J. H. So, W. J, and E. M. Choi, “System development and performance testing of a W-band gyrotron,” Journal of Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves, vol. 37, pp. 209-229 (2016).