Changhee Sohn (손창희)
- Assistant Professor
- Condensed Matter Physics Experiment
Current Research Interests
- Laboratory of Unobtainable Functional Oxides
- Office : 108) 601-5
- Phone : +82-52-217-2017
- Lab :
- Lab Phone :
New correlated phenomena by the relativistic spin-orbit coupling in quantum materials
- Exotic magnetism including all-in/all-out ordering in pyrochlores and quantum spin liquids in honeycomb oxides.
- Two-dimensional magnetism in heterostructures
- Metal-insulator transitions driven by the spin-orbit coupling and correlations
- Unconventional spin-charge-orbital-lattice coupling in heavy-element systems
- Topologically nontrivial states such as topological insulator, quantum anomalous Hall insulator, and skyrmions.
Functional materials design by atomic control
- Development of new synthesize methodologies for multifunctional materials
- Transition metal oxide heterostructures for topological phenomena and spintronic applications
- New magnetic phenomena such as flexomagnetism in heavy-element magnetic heterostructures
- Charge transfer and relevant phenomena at oxide interfaces
- Artificial multiferroicity with heavy-element ferromagnetic and ferroelectric materials
Light & matter interactions
- Spectroscopic investigation on low-energy excitation and relevant emergent phenomena in strongly correlated & heavy-element systems
- Band gap engineering on thin films & nano structures
- Development of new material systems for smart window, photovoltaics, transparent conductor, and other light-related applications.
- B.S. in Physics (2010), Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- Ph.D. in Physics (2015), Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
– Dissertation: “Optical spectroscopic studies on the electronic structures coupled to lattice/spin degrees of freedom in 5d transition metal oxides”
– Advisor: Prof. Tae Won Noh
- Postdoctoral research associate in the Group of Dr. Ho Nyung Lee (2016 – 2019)
– Materials Science and Technology division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, TN
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics, UNIST (2019 – )
- Room-temperature ferromagnetic insulating state in highly cation-ordered double perovskite Sr2Fe1+xRe1-xO6 films, Advanced Materials 31, 1805389 (2019), selected for front cover image.
- Strong spin-phonon coupling mediated by single ion anisotropy in the all-in–all-out pyrochlore magnet Cd2Os 2O7, Physical Review Letters 118, 117201 (2017).
- Optical spectroscopy studies of the Metal-insulator transition driven by all-in/all-out magnetic ordering in 5d pyrochlore Cd2Os2O7 , Physical Review Letters 115, 266402 (2015).
- Orbital-dependent polaron formation in the relativistic Mott insulator Sr2IrO4, Physical Review B 90, 041105(R) (2014), selected by editor’s suggestion.