Kunook Chung (정건욱)
- Assistant Professor
- Nanomaterials and Devices
Current Research Interests
- Office : 108) 601-10
- Phone : +82-52-217-2039
- Lab :
- Lab Phone :
We are interested in utilizing unique physical properties of various low dimensional (D) nanomaterials, such as 2D van der Walls layered materials, 1D nanorods (and nanopillars), and 0D quantum dots, as key building blocks for fabricating high performance and new functional semiconductor optoelectronic devices. Details of the current research interests are:
- Metal-organic chemical vapor deposition and chemical vapor deposition of high qualitysemiconductor microstructures and nanostructures, 2D van der Walls layered materials, and their hybrids.
- Fabrications of high performance optoelectronic devices, such as light emitting diodes, solar cells, and sensors.
- Strain engineering of semiconductor heterostructures and quantumstructures using nanofabrication and/or heteroepitaxial growth.
- Diverse device applications including transferable and wearable devices, full-color inorganic microdisplays, augmented reality, quantum computing and communications, neural probes, and so on.
- Assistant Professor in Department of Physics, UNIST, Korea. (2019 – present)
- Postdoctoral in Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Michigan, US. (2015 – 2019)
- Postdoctoral in Department of Physics and Astronomy, Seoul National University, Korea. (2015)
- Ph.D. in Physics, Seoul National University, Korea. (2015)
Thesis : GaN microstructures and nanostructures grown on graphene for transferable device
applications (Advisor: Prof. Gyu-Chul Yi, Seoul National University).
- B.S. in Physics, Seoul National University, Korea. (2009)
- K. Chung, H. Oh, J. Jo, K. Lee, M. Kim, G.-C. Yi, Transferable single-crystal GaN thin films grown on chemical vapor-deposited hexagonal BN sheets, NPG Asia Mater. 9, e410 (2017).
- K. Chung, J. Sui, B. Demory, P.-C. Ku, Color mixing from monolithically integrated InGaN-based light-emitting diodes by local strain engineering, Appl. Phys. Lett. 111, 041101 (2017).
- K. Chung, J. Sui, B. Demory, C.-H. Teng, P.-C. Ku, Monolithic integration of individually addressable light-emitting diode color pixels, Appl. Phys. Lett. 110, 111103 (2017).
- K. Chung, H. Yoo, J. K. Hyun, H. Oh, Y. Tchoe, K. Lee, H. Baek, M. Kim, G.-C. Yi, Flexible GaN light-emitting diodes using GaN microdisks epitaxial laterally over-grown on graphene dots, Adv. Mater. 28, 7688 (2016).
- K. Chung, H. Beak, Y. Tchoe, H. Oh, H. Yoo, M. Kim and G.-C. Yi, Growth and characterizations of GaN micro-rods on graphene films for flexible light emitting diodes, APL Materials 2, 092512 (2014).
- K. Chung, S. I. Park, H. Baek, J.-S. Chung and G.-C. Yi, High-quality GaN films grown on chemical vapor-deposited graphene films, NPG Asia Mater. 4, e24 (2012).
- K. Chung, C.-H. Lee, G.-C. Yi, Transferrable GaN layers grown on ZnO-coated graphene layers for optoelectronic devices, Science 330, 655 (2010).